SHE network - More about us
Who are we?
- We are a network of national coordinators from 43 countries in the European Region.
- We focus on making school health promotion an integral part of policy development in the European education and health sectors
- We are supported by three international organisations: WHO Regional Office for Europe, Council of Europe and European Commission.
- We are the platform for professionals in Europe with an interest in school health promotion.
- We are recognised as one of the leading international networks on school health promotion.
How do we work?
- We use the health promoting school approach as an evidence-based and comprehensive way of developing school health policy.
- We use a positive concept of health and well-being and acknowledge the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- We encourage the education and health sectors to work together more closely and efficiently.
- We contribute to making schools in Europe a better place for learning, health and living.
- We build on the experience of the former European network of Health Promoting Schools (ENHPS).
What do we do?
- We support organisations and professionals to further develop and sustain school health promotion in each country.
- We identify and share relevant information on school health.
- We encourage research.
- We share good practice, expertise and skills.
- We advocate for school health promotion.
- We provide a link to national expertise.