WHO Food and Nutrition Action Plan 2015-2020
The WHO made an Action Plan to reduce the burden of preventable diet-related non communicable diseases, obesity and all other forms of malnutrition still prevalent in the WHO European Region. It calls for action through a whole-of government, health-in-all-policies approach. Its priority actions will contribute to improving food system governance and the overall quality of the European population’s diet and nutritional status.
- Reduce inequalities in access to healthy food, as stated in Health 2020.
- Ensure human rights and the right to food.
- Empower people and communities through health-enhancing environments.
- Promote a life-course approach.
- Use evidence-based strategies.
- Create healthy food and drink environments.
- Promote the gains of a healthy diet throughout life, especially for the most vulnerable groups.
- Reinforce health systems to promote healthy diets.
- Support surveillance, monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Strengthen governance, alliances and networks to ensure a health-in-all-policies approach.
- SHE network - news, publications and more
- Our ABC for equity, education and health
- Healthy eating in schools