Identify your available resources
Having support for your efforts to become a health promoting school will make your school plan and activities more effective and efficient. At the same time, having sufficient resources to carry out the changes you want to make is equally important.
Before you start planning your health promoting school, you need to take a look at what you already do with regard to school health promotion and what resources you have available to you to further expand and improve your current efforts.
- Human resources such as school staff, parents and outside experts who are already involved in activities at your school
- Financial resources including funding that can be used in the process of becoming and remaining a health promoting school
In doing this you may find that:
- You can plan and carry out your health promoting school with limited resources, and you have the resources that you need.
- You don’t currently have sufficient resources. You need to mobilize human capital and/or find a way to raise money or apply for funding.
- There may be a regional or national scheme that can assist you in obtaining additional human or financial resources.
- Your health promoting school activities will have to be limited based on your current resources.